Finland censures massacre in Sagaing by Myanmar military

0 5

Finland on Wednesday strongly condemned the atrocity occurred by the military in the north-western Sagaing region in Myanmar on Tuesday that killed dozens of people, said the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.

Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto expressed deepest condolences to the families of the victims and demanded that those responsible for the atrocity have to be held accountable, according to a twitter post of the ministry.

“Finland condemns the shocking atrocity committed by the military regime in Sagaing, that killed dozens of civilians, including children, and left many others injured. Our deepest condolences to the families of the victims. Those responsible have to be held accountable,” the ministry wrote in the twitter post, quoting Haavisto as saying.

More than 100 people are feared to have been killed in Tuesday's airstrike by the Myanmar military, one of the deadliest so far in the civil war, reported British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).

Survivors told the BBC they have collected at least 80 bodies, but expect the toll to rise further.

The United Nations has condemned the attack, which targeted a village in the north-western Sagaing region.

The military has increasingly used air strikes against their opponents since seizing power in February 2021, said the BBC report.

  •  Finland
  •  condemns
  •  Myanmar
  •  Military attack

Source: www.dailyfinland.fi

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.