Mane to remain at Bayern after altercation with Sane

0 6

Sadio Mane is to remain at Bayern Munich after an alleged altercation with Leroy Saner following the 3-0 Champions League defeat at Manchester City, according to broadcasters Sport1 on Thursday.

The report said that after a meeting on Wednesday evening between CEO Oliver Kahn and board member for sport Hasan Salihamidzic, it was decided that the club won't prematurely end Mane's contract, which runs until 2025.

It added that everything has been cleared up between the players, but Mane is expected to pay a fine.

The Bild newspaper as well as broadcasters Sport1 and Sky said that Mane hit Sane in the face and both players had to be separated by team-mates. The reports also added that the two already had a dispute on the pitch late in Tuesday's game over a pass movement between them that went wrong.

A statement from the club should be released by the end of the week, the report said, but coach Thomas Tuchel is attending a news conference on Friday and the topic expected to be mentioned.

Sane was a starter in the first leg quarter-final while Mane came on as a substitute in the 69th minute. Bayern face a big challenge in the return leg next week if they want to advance.

Bayern did not want to comment when approached by dpa. Statements from the players have been requested.

The Senegal international joined Bayern in July 2022, as the club hoped he could replace Robert Lewandowski, who moved to Barcelona last summer.

Mane, however, hasn't been able so far to fulfill the role of top scorer and since a long-term injury that ruled him out of the World Cup in Qatar in December, he has been struggling to find his best form.

  •  Mane
  •  Bayern Munich
  •  Altercation
  •  Sane

Source: www.dailyfinland.fi

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.